Asbestos laminated sheets are moulded from asbestos cloth with thermosetting resins and are specially developed for engineering applications. The high content of asbestos, superior grade of binder and special press-curing techniques impart high degree of mechanical strength. These materials are hard wearing, heat resistant and unaffected by a wide range of chemicals and solvents.
Compestos materials do not require specials lubricants. They are compatible with water emulsions, many chemicals and normal lubricating oils, grease, compounds, molybdenum di-sulphide paste etc.
Compestos materials are characterised by the following outstanding properties
• Excellent dimensional stability
• Good wear and chemical resistance
• Low moisture absorption
• Very high strength to weight ratio
• High temperature resistance
• High impact resistance
• Excellent irradiation characteristics
• Impervious to effects of moisture of marine exposure
• Resistant to vermin attack.
These outstanding properties make compestos superior to conventional materials for application involving bearings, wearing pads, gears and other rotating or reciprocating parts.