Flex-O-Seal is a unique sealing material manufactured from special grade of 100% expanded pure PTFE by transforming into a fibrous structure. Flex-O-Seal has a special peel off adhesive on one side. Though very tough, our Flex-O-Seal is soft and suited to all types of flanges, covers and narrow cavities. Due to its soft and flexible structure this rope gasket is an ideal seal under pressure, without significant cold flow even on irregular, badly damaged or corroded flange surfaces. Once bolted this gasket rarely needs to be re-torqued.
FLEX-O-SEAL is easy to install and is able to fill in severe surface irregularities. The flexible applications of this product allows reduction of inventory of ready made gaskets/envelopes, thereby the term UNIVERSAL JOINT GASKET
FLEX-O-SEAL can withstand a wide range clf temperature as is recommended for use from -240°C to 310°C and pH Range 0 to 14. This product is resistant to high pressure and is non-toxic as well as Asbestos FREE, however it is not recommended for use against elemental fluorine, alkali metals and strong oxidizing agents.
FLEX-O-SEAL is safely used in applications on oil rigs, petroleum refineries, offshore operations, corrosive chemical processing, food processing, paper mill, marine installation, in glass lined or fibre glass reinforced vessels and tank lid sealing, heat exchangers, manhole covers, vent pipes, pumps or compressors housing flanges, valves and many other industrial applications where the use of a conventional pre-cut gaskets is not suitable or readily available.
• At the time of installation, the sealing surface must be clean, free from grease and dry to enable the gasket to stick properly.
• The width of the joint gasket is to be determined by the nominal diameter or type of flange.
• Selection of a tentative size of joint gasket would be approx, 1/3rd flange contact width inside the bolt hole; example: 7 mm gasket joint to suit a 20mm flange width.
• Remove the protective foil from the adhesive joint gasket to allow for fitting.
• Stick the gasket about 2mm away from the bolt hole and press lightly.
• Do not butt the ends, instead overlap them in front of a bolt.
• Tighten the lubricated bolts in opposite pairs. The lap joint deforms perfectly to give a reliable seal.
• On irregular of damaged flanged surfaces, it is possible to build up with short length of